What rebates are available?
- We currently offer a rebate on Marathon® water heaters. Click link for more information: https://bhec.coop/water-heater-program
Can I purchase a heat pump or electric furnace through BHEC?
- We only sell electric cove heaters, not heat pumps or furnaces.
Will BHEC install water heaters or cove heaters?
- We do not have the manpower to be able to install appliances or devices in our members' home or business.
Are surge protectors available for purchase through BHEC?
- We encourage members to contact electricians who sell surge devices that are installed in their breaker panel and we promote devices to use inside the home.
If I install a solar or other distributed generation system, will BHEC buy back excess energy generated to the grid?
- Yes. BHEC will buy back any excess energy at the avoided cost set for the year. Click link for more information: https://bhec.coop/renewables
Can I request an energy audit?
- Yes! If we're not able to determine high use over the phone, we will come to your location to try and trouble-shoot.
Are there any incentives or rebates for EV (Electric Vehicle) chargers?
- We do not currently offer any rebates for EV chargers at this time. However, if you're on our demand rate, you can charge your EV during off-peak times for only 7.4 cents per kWh. Contact us to determine what rate you're on.
What merchandise is available for members to purchase?
- We sell Marathon® water heaters and Comfort Cove® electric heaters.
Can I purchase a generator, double-throw switch, or Generlink through BHEC?
- We do not sell generators or other secondary apparatuses at this time.
What weatherization tools does BHEC provide to help make my home or business more efficient?
- We provide tips and tricks to decrease your energy use. You may qualify for South Dakota weatherization assistance by checking this website: https://dss.sd.gov/economicassistance/energyassistance/weatherization.a…