The cooperative offers the following rebate program for electric water heaters installed in the cooperative's service territory:
To qualify for a rebate, the member must allow BHEC to install a Load Control Switch (LCS) on the water heater. The cooperative may choose not to install the LCS unit if it would not benefit the membership. There is no charge for cooperative personnel to install the equipment. The water heaters will be turned off by the cooperative when there is a system peak to reduce demand on the system. Most people won't notice that their water heater is being controlled.
Consumers purchasing water heaters from the cooperative or elsewhere must install the water heater at a location served by BHEC.
- The cooperative will pay $100 to members replacing a fossil fuel water heater with a non-Marathon electric water heater. This rebate excludes on-demand water heaters.
- The cooperative will pay $50 to members replacing or installing a non-Marathon electric water heater. This rebate excludes on-demand water heaters.
- The cooperative will apply a rebate in the form of a discounted price on Marathon water heaters:
- 25% for replacement of an existing electric water heater
- 50% for new construction
- 75% for replacement of an existing fossil fuel water heater